CASTELLI TEMPESTA 3/4 PANTS
THE EYE OF THE STORM.
Whether the skies are threatening or it's already pouring, Castelli's Tempesta 3/4 Pants were made to be worn over your tights or shorts to keep your lower half dry no matter what you're riding through — after all, they share their name with a violent, dramatic storm.
Castelli's proprietary eVent microfiber acts as a barrier, blocking rain from getting in but still bringing sweat to the surface of the pants through breathable pores, providing you with a waterproof, seam-sealed shield that won't make you feel like you're wearing a plastic poncho. The knees were specifically shaped to allow for airflow while remaining impermeable to water, which makes the pants breathe so well that — according to Castelli — you can also wear the Tempestas comfortably on dry days to provide you with an additional ten degrees Fahrenheit of warmth.
Castelli understands that the saddle contact area of the pants needs to be comfortable, so its designers constructed the area out of durable three-layer Torrent fabric that stretches more than the rest of the pants, giving you freedom of movement as you're pedaling. When the clouds are dark and brooding, the reflective logo on the left leg helps to make sure you'll be visible to motorists driving with their lights on, and the pants are easy to pull on or off on the side of the road with a simple elastic waist and drawstring closure if the weather changes quickly. When the sun finally comes back out, fold them up and completely pack them away in a jersey pocket or saddle bag.
- Waterproof cycling pants that help you overcome the weather
- Breathable membrane construction keeps you dry inside and out
- Chamois-free so you can pull them on over your preferred bottoms
- Fully taped seams for a literally waterproof body
- Shaped knees and stretchy seat panel for in-saddle mobility
- Waist drawstring battens down the hatches against the elements
- Packable to stow when the clouds clear and the rain relents
- Weight: 156g
- Recommended temperature: 6°-20°C